Home / Programs & Events
Australian Diabetes Council runs community education and prevention programs for people living with or at risk of diabetes, their carers and family, as well as health professionals. We also have a number of prevention programs targeted to the general public to raise awareness around diabetes and its complications.
• A dedicated Customer Care Line 1300 DIABETES or 1300 342 238,
for anyone seeking support, services, information or advice,
including advice from health professionals on diabetes,
its complications and prevention strategies.
• Statewide Support Group Network available to members, providing:
education, information, management, lifestyle and dietary information
and support services. There are also supporting parents and young
people's networks focussing on the specific needs of these groups.
• Regional resource centres and shops, including the Sydney office in Glebe.
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) specific education and
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) community services
providing appropriate diabetes education and support.
• Paediatric services focussing on the needs of babies, young people
and adolescents who have diabetes, as well as those who care
• Health Professional education and training services.